Three years ago, I posted my first review here at GReads! Little did I know what it would become today... an expression of my passion for reading, a community through which I've met my closest & most dearest friends, and perhaps a stepping stone for where my ambitions in life may take me.
It's been an incredible journey, discovering books that I never would have known about if not for this community. I just want to say THANK YOU to those who love books & love to read as much as I do. It's something I value in myself and truly respect in others, too. I also want to say THANK YOU to those who have stopped by my blog, even if today is your first visit or if you've been a faithful follower since the early days. YOU make this experience what it is and I truly appreciate it.
1. Read as little, or as much as you want. Challenges are great, but sometimes life gets in the way and books have to take a back seat. And that's OK.
2. Don't be afraid to try something new. My heart was set on YA for so long that anything Adult scared the crap out of me. But then I discovered this little world of Adult Contemporary Romance and often I find myself not being able to put them down!
3. Books are powerful tools. Never in my wildest dreams did I think that books could bring such joy to my life. I've been introduced to countless people who have made an impact on my life. Their stories inspire my own.
4. You can always count on someone else to love a book as much as you do. I get so giddy over books sometimes & it makes my heart burst when I can share this enthusiasm with someone else & they just get it.
5. The best feeling in the world is when someone says they read a book because you recommended it. I understand that not everyone will agree with my thoughts, but it's such an amazing feeling when I can inspire someone else to pick up a book. It's something I hold close to my heart.
6. Always be thankful for the gifts of this community. I have been blessed with generous friends who share their books with me, both professionally and personally.
7. Not only do I love to read, but I also love to write. Writing has become a creative outlet for me to express thoughts about stories I want to read. Maybe one day others will be reading them, too.
8. I am still just a small fish in this big pond of book blogging. I am constantly coming across a new blog, or a new author. As long as there are books, this community will keep growing!
9. My most favorite book will always be changing. Just when I think I've come across a story that embodies everything I love about literature, another will come along and blow it out of the water.
10. I can always count on this community to remind me why I started my book blog. There are times when things are slow and my inspirations are lacking. But I know that I can always rely on this community to bring me back to my purpose and remind me why I love to share my thoughts on books so much.
Yes, the BOOKS have been amazing along this three year journey of blogging, but it's actually been the RELATIONSHIPS I've made with other readers who have impacted me the most. If someone were to ask me, what one thing could you take away from this experience as being the most valuable -- it would definitely be the friends I've made. I cherish each and every friendship that has been born due to this little hobby of mine.
So tell me, if you're a BOOK BLOGGER: What have you discovered along your own personal journey that's made this experience what it is today? Or if you're just a FAN OF BOOKS: What keeps you reading? Which books have impacted you the most?
Thank you, again, for making this blog such a special place for me -- here's to many more years of reading & having a place to talk about it all.