This Week's List:Top 10 Things to Get You in the Holiday Spirit!
(in no particular order)
- Dash & Lily's Book of Dares - I read this book by Rachel Cohn & David Levithan last week & it majorly put me in the mood for all things Holiday! The time frame is from Christmas 'til new Years & the setting is in New York City. Uhh hello? if that doesn't scream Christmas - I don't know what does!
- Black Friday - Yes, the "biggest" shopping day of the year gives me the Christmas spirit! Even though a lot of people start their shopping before the day after Thanksgiving, there's just something about this day - it's like the gun firing for the beginning of a race! Watch out people.
- Starbucks Holiday Coffees - Peppermint Mocha? Yes please. Gingerbread Latte? Yes please. And their newest creation: Caramel Brulee Latte? I need to try that!
- Decorating the Tree - I was an over achiever this year & put up my tree BEFORE Thanksgiving! I love to turn on the lights at night, and just relax on the couch in it's glow =) it makes me feel warm & cozy!
- Snow Globes - I decided last year to start collecting these at Christmas time. Since we don't get snow here (very rarely) I thought I'd capture my own in a little glass ball. And the more fun & whimsical, the better!
- Coldplay's "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas" - their version is my all-time favorite! I adore Chris Martin on the piano like you wouldn't believe. He totally rocks this song, in a mellow chilled out sorta way.
- Full on Christmas lights & yard displays! - we have a neighborhood in Houston that specifically decorates for people to come visit. Each street has their own theme (Candy Cane Lane, Santa's Workshop, etc.) and every house participates. This isn't a joke! They are the coolest Christmas decorations ever!
- Donating to a local charity - I hate to admit that I don't do this year-round, but during the Holidays I always try to donate whether it be money, clothing, or my time to a local charity. We must not forget those who are less fortunate than us!
- Christmas Pajamas - my mom used to give my sister's and I new pajamas on Christmas eve when we were little. I still like to find new pajamas & wear them on that special night. It brings me back to being a kid again & the anticipation of Christmas morning.
- Fudge! - my sister has carried on the tradition of making my mom's famous fudge during the holidays. The melt-in-your-mouth gooey chocolate is to die for!! I look forward to this yummy treat every year.
What gets you in the Holiday spirit?! Please share in the comments, or create your own Top 10 post!
Don't forget to vote & sign up for my give-away... BEST YA READ OF 2010!