Tuesday, September 8, 2015
My Top Ten Finished Series I Have Yet To Finish Reading
Over the years my reading tastes have sided more and more with contemporary, which has caused me to walk away from a few (okay, more than a few) non-contemporary series. I have intentions of finishing these books -- ONE DAY -- but there they remain, on my forever growing TBR list. Have you finished any of these series? Is there one I should bump up the list, another I should reconsider finishing? Tell me your thoughts! (non-spoilery of course, please)
1. The Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare -- I read books 1-4, but stalled out at book 5. I DO want to finish this series one day since I made such an early investment in them; however, I can't even tell you what happened in book 4, so I'd have a lot of re-reading to do.
2. Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling -- I have EVERY intention of finishing this series. It's probably my #1 series to finish. I've read books 1-3, and have been warned that things begin to shift in book 4. I am ready! (I think...)
3. Hush, Hush series by Becca Fitzpatrick -- I was a devoted fan for books 1-3 in this series, reading them as they came out. So I am not too sure why, or how, I missed reading the final book in this series. Again, it's been so long, I'd have to re-read to even remember what was going on.
4. Scarlet series by A.C. Gaughen -- I just started this series this summer and I am so looking forward to reading the rest of it. Books two and three are high on my wish list!
5. Shatter Me series by Tahereh Mafi -- This series, I'm not so sure I'll finish. I was invested in the first book, but the second left me feeling very unsatisfied and I think that is why it's remained unfinished. And I think I'm okay with that.
6. Lucky Harbor series by Jill Shalvis -- Oh these books! I do love them, and I am sad that they've ended, so I think I'm purposely withholding myself from finishing. I don't want to say goodbye just yet.
7. Lux series by Jennifer L. Armentrout -- I am actually not 100% sure if this series is finished, so please let me know if it's still ongoing. Regardless, I have a few to still read in the series.
8. Altered series by Jennifer Rush -- I really enjoyed the first book, so I am not too sure what happened here. I would definitely like to see this one out until the end, though.
9. Unearthly series by Cynthia Hand -- Another series where I made it to the end, and somehow didn't read that last book. I really enjoyed this one as well, and do want to see how it all ends. I am hoping to make this happen sooner, rather than later.
10. Graceling Realm series by Kristin Cashore -- Next to Harry Potter, this is the series I most want to finish next. I loved the first two books, so naturally I am curious to see how it all wraps up (or begins I should say?). Hoping this gets read before the end of the year.
Labels: Top Ten Tuesday