This week's Top 10 Tuesday prompt wants to know which book covers are the scariest looking? Well, I don't do scary. No scary books. No scary movies. Nothing. I'm a wimp when it comes to frightening things, so I tend to stay far away from them.
The book covers I chose for this week's top ten list are ones I have not read, but I still found their covers to be terrifying! Have you read any of these? Think this scaredy-cat should give 'em a try? Be sure to check out The Broke and the Bookish for more details on this awesome weekly feature.
- Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs [add to goodreads] - that little girl is beyond creepy. I've heard this book is amazing, but I just can't get past that cover. Eep!
- Slice of Cherry by Dia Reeves [add to goodreads] - there's something not right about blood spilling from those dainty tea cups. Creeeeepy.
- The Replacement by Brenna Yovanoff [add to goodreads] - I'm sorry, why are sharpe objects dangling above a baby carriage in the middle of a creepy forest?!
- IT by Stephen King [add to goodreads] - I couldn't bring myself to put the cover with the clown on my blog. THAT is the creepiest thing. I was seriously disturbed by the movie & therefore refuse to read the book.
- A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness [add to goodreads] - I plan to read this one, I do. But that cover gives me the chills. What is that?! Do I want to know??
- A Certain Slant of Light by Laura Whitcomb [add to goodreads] - What is so creepy about bath tub scenes?! From the few scary movies I've seen, it's moments like this one that GET ME EVERY TIME.
- The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman [add to goodreads] - Graveyards are just freaking scary. Period.
- Dark Places by Gillian Flynn [add to goodreads] - There's something about the not knowing what's behind this door that creeps me out & the fact that it's been unlocked makes it even worse.