This week's Top 10 Tuesday prompt asks which books do we recommend the most? Oh man, I am a serious book pusher. I love love LOVE recommending books to people. I mean, hello?! It's why I adore doing this blogging thing so much. If I can get one person to pick up a book because I liked it, then score! Mission accomplished.
This also extends over into my personal life, and why I am becoming a teacher. Reading is such a huge passion of mine and I value the importance it can bring to an individual's life. I also understand a lot of kids hate to read. But I feel that if I can find that perfect book, for that perfect student, then my job as a teacher is fulfilled as well.
Be sure to check out The Broke and the Bookish for more details on this awesome weekly feature.
1. Jessi Kirby - I loved Moonglass and In Honor, and cannot wait to share my recommendations for Golden! It's hard for me to choose just one novel by this author to recommend because I feel each of these stories are something so many can relate to.
2. Jennifer Echols - Again, another author who I recommend multiple novels by. Forget You and Endless Summer are two of my older favorites of hers, but Such a Rush is one I recommend to a lot of people now.
3. Jenny Han - The Summer I Turned Pretty series will never grow old being recommended on this blog of mine. It holds everything I love about contemporary YA, from the setting to the cast of characters, it's the complete package and screams GINGER BOOK!
4. Jill Shalvis - Probably the most popular adult author who receives the most exposure on my blog. I love her Lucky Harbor series and have recommended it to countless readers. I have yet to find someone who read it based on my recommendation and not enjoyed it.
5. Megan McCafferty - This was a popular recommendation to me by some of my most trusted blogger friends, so naturally I turned around and recommended her books to everyone I know as well. The Jessica Darling series is perfection, in my opinion.
6. John Corey Whaley - Where Things Come Back blew me away and immediately after reading it, I felt the urge to recommend it to everyone I knew. And I did just that. Corey is an exceptional writer and I want everyone to experience his debut!
7. Trish Doller - This lady knows how to write, simple as that. Before I even read a word from her I had this feeling I'd love it, and that feeling came true.. not once, but twice. I love to support authors and recommend their books to people who can connect on a personal level with them. Trish's books are definitely those kind.
8. Jeri Smith-Ready - After this series was recommended to me, I immediately fell in love with the fandom that surrounded it. Jeri connects with her readers on such a personal level and I admire that! I'm picky when it comes to paranormal reads, but this one felt like everything I love rolled into such an intriguing story. The Shade series is a must read!
9. Rainbow Rowell - I love to recommend this author because she writes both amazing YA and adult. I adored Eleanor and Park, but fell insanely in love with Attachments. I think she's a great author to recommend to any reader type. Her cross over appeal can grab such a wide audience.
10. Huntley Fitzpatrick - I recommended her debut novel so much last year! It was one of my most favorite reads of 2012, so how could I not? My Life Next Door made me laugh and swoon, and all the emotions in between. A book that causes that many feelings deserves to be recommended to others!