I am insanely excited about the upcoming book events happening right here in my very own hometown!! Texas doesn't mess around when it comes to hosting outstanding bookish events. We're a pretty big state, so there's lots of room for plenty of book action here. Fortunately, there are a few events happening in my neighborhood (well within the city limits). I am beyond blessed by living in a place that supports not only local, but national authors as well.
Here are a list of really cool events happening this month (I am hoping to attend most of these, but unfortunately I can not visit them all.) Please let me know in the comments if you will be at any of these, too! I love meeting other bookish friends :)
* Saturday, April 14th: Teen Book Con - 9a.m.- 4 p.m. at Alief Taylor High School
- Spend the day meeting your favorite YA authors: Orson Scott Card, Alexandra Adornetto, Jesse Andrews, Holly Black, Megan Crewe, Gina Damico, Lauren DeStefano, Elizabeth Eulberg, Trinity Faegan, Michael Grant, Lea Hernandez, Dusty Higgins, Tara Hudson, Van Jensen, D.J. MacHale, Lisa McMann, Robin Mellom, Marissa Meyer, Catherine Gilbert Murdock, Marlene Perez, Nick Pitarra, Inara Scott, Ruta Sepetys, Jessica Spotswood, Maggie Stiefvater, Siobhan Vivian, & Michelle Zink.
* Wednesday, April 17th - Friday, April 20th: TXLA - Annual Conference at George R. Brown Convention Center
- I plan to attend on Thursday, April 19th - to see a full list of the events happening that week as well as the authors who will be in attendance, click here.
* Friday, April 20th: Veronica Roth - 7p.m. at Blue Willow Bookshop
* Wednesday, April 25th: Tahereh Mafi & Veronica Rossi - 7p.m. at Blue Willow Bookshop
If you know of some other book events happening in TX this month, feel free to let us know in the comments! These are just events happening in the Houston area.