|photo by Elicice|
I am ever so grateful to the ones who keep coming back and reading my thoughts. I know this blog has become a second home to me. I pour so much in to it because I truly love doing this. I appreciate those who recognize my efforts and continue to come back, day after day. YOU are the reason why I love sharing my thoughts about what I read (and then some).
I still get giddy when an author reads a review I have written. I still get excited when a publisher sends me advanced copies of something I've been dying to read. I hope these feelings never fade, because it's the source that propels me to keep doing what I'm doing. This girl loves to read. And I love it even more when I can share my excitement with all of you.
Beyond the reading & the reviewing, I have found some amazing friends among you bloggers. I think this is what's been the most unexpected & satisfying experience through out this entire year of blogging. It's the friendships that I've created along the way that I hold so dear to my heart. You guys get me. You understand my silly fangirl squeals when I've just finished reading something that blew my mind. A handful of you get to listen to my daily rants and know more about the person behind this blog. Thank you for giving me your friendship.
I could write for days on why I love to book blog. Reading is my passion and being able to share it with you all is a gift. I've never once looked at this blog as something that I "have to do". It's always been about what I want to do. I hope it shows in my posts, reflecting who I am as a person. Thank you a million times over for being a part of this journey with me. The first year has been amazing & I can't wait to see what lies ahead for GReads!
Some fun facts from the past year:
- My FIRST blog post: GReads is born! (notice that one lonely comment & who it's from? that would be Capillya from That Cover Girl - someone I've gotten to know quite well over the past year in blogging & even got to meet last April!)
- My FIRST review published at GReads: Linger by Maggie Stiefavter (beware of spoilers! I was clueless about warning my followers at the time lol)
- Most viewed post: Top Ten Tuesday - Top 10 Places You Like to Read! (this page has gotten 660 views, apparently it's a hot topic)
- Most viewed review: Forever by Maggie Stiefavter (I think it's only fitting that my most viewed review coincides with my first review posted here!)
- Most popular giveaway: Summer Giveaway! Books 1 & 2 by Jenny Han + playlist (I'm pretty sure this one is obvious! I totally pimped these books - and continue to!)
- Most referring sites: Twitter (that's a no-brainer lol), The Crooked Shelf (thanks Carla!), The Story Siren (thanks Kristi!), The Broke and Bookish (thanks Jamie!), Makeshift Bookmark (thanks Jen!), Jess Hearts Books (thanks Jess!)
- And for fun... keyword searches that have brought people to my blog: nail salon (wtf?? lol), best love stories, the summer i turned pretty (hell yes!!!), greads :-)
Now on to the good stuff... what's a party with out party favors?! I will be giving away a few of my favorite books that I've read in the last year. The giveaway is open international (where ever book depository delivers) so please spread the word. Two winners will be chosen, but YOU have the choice of which book you'd like to receive from the list below.
Delirium by Lauren Oliver
The Summer I Turned Pretty by Jenny Han
Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins
***THIS GIVEAWAY IS NOW CLOSED! THANKS TO ALL THOSE WHO ENTERED.***
I receive a small commission from books purchased through the Amazon links provided.