In celebration of turning the BIG 3-0 today I thought I'd put together a list of my top 30 books I've read since this blog was born. Feel free to comment & let me know which books you share the same feelings for, or if there's one not on the list that you think I might enjoy. I'm very blessed to have lived a very happy, healthy 30 years thus far. I can't wait to see what the next 30 will bring me :-)
My Top 30 Books (in no particular order) ...that I've read since creating this blog!
1. Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson
2. Going Too Far by Jennifer Echols
3. Vampire Academy (series) by Richelle Mead
4. The Duff by Kody Keplinger
5. The Body Finder (series) by Kimberly Derting
6. Dash & Lily's Book of Dares by Rachel Cohn & David Levithan
7. Crescendo (Hush, Hush #2) by Becca Fitzpatrick
8. Amy & Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson
9. Freefall by Mindi Scott
10. Delirium by Lauren Oliver
11. Forget You by Jennifer Echols
12. Fall For Anything by Courtney Summers
13. Unearthly by Cynthia Hand
14. Sloppy Firsts (Jessica Darling series) by Megan McCafferty
15. Recovery Road by Blake Nelson
16. The Sky is Everywhere by Jandy Nelson
17. The Summer I Turned Pretty (series) by Jenny Han
18. Not That Kind of Girl by Siobhan Vivian
19. Anna & the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins
20. Where She Went by Gayle Forman
21. Stealing Heaven by Elizabeth Scott
22. City of Fallen Angels by Cassandra Clare
23. Shade (series) by Jeri Smith-Ready
24. Audrey, Wait! by Robin Benway
25. Divergent by Veronica Roth
26. The Piper's Son by Melina Marchetta
27. The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky
28. Ten Things We Did by Sarah Mlynowski
29. Forever by Maggie Stiefvater
30. Endless Summer by Jennifer Echols
And because I like to talk, more of my ramblings...
Books have become such a huge part of my life, in only a short amount of time. I did not become an avid reader until a few years ago. It's weird to think what I used to do with all my free time before I discovered bookstores, libraries, reading, blogging, tweeting, book events... and the list goes on! I love that feeling you get when you lose yourself in a story that is just so unbelievably good that you never want it to end. Then comes the endless chats with my bookish friends about the amazingness I just read. The love just keeps growing & growing!
At 30 years old, I finally feel like I've found my place in this big wide world. Though I may be a little late in this finding, at least it's been found - right?! My love for reading has changed my path in life and I am ever so grateful for it. I am in the process of going back to school to become a teacher. Nothing excites me more than having my own classroom one day filled with endless shelves of books, just waiting to be picked up and devoured by young minds. Reading is infectious and I want to infect as many as I can!!! My love for books stirs so much life inside me, I just know it can do the same for others.
I'm 30 today. Another year older. Another year of great books read. Another year of friendships made because of books. Another year of endless possibilities to be determined. I'm so ready for this next chapter in my life!
One of my favorite people, Anna, made this video for me for my birthday & I just had to share it with you all!! I love that she knows me so well & knows EXACTLY what I want (or who I want? hehe) THANK YOU ANNA - I HEART YOU SOSOSOSOSO MUCH!!!!
P.S. notice which name is front & center at the end? ;-)
EDIT!!!!!!!!!!! (adding this at 4am because I am awake right now FREAKING OUT over this!!!) So you know that band called SafetySuit that I am COMPLETELY & UTTERLY, HEAD OVER HEELS IN LOVE WITH??!!! Yeah ummm they just tweeted me this....
dsakldjsakl;djfakl;fjdak;dms;ka!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! << that was me freaking out when I woke up & saw it on my twitter feed! Yup. I just about peed my pants.
I have some truly amazing friends. It all started with one tweet & escalated to I don't even know how many more, asking SafetySuit to wish me a Happy Birthday! and guess what? IT HAPPENED!!! Another reason why I heart this band SO much. THANK YOU to those who had a hand in making this come true. You have no idea how AMAZING this has made my day! XOXOXOXO