Hosted by: The Broke and the Bookish
This week's top 10: Those girls in YA that you just want to slap!
1. Bella from Twilight - before anyone slaps me for mentioning her, I have my reasons. Yes I am a HUGE Twilight fan. It's the series that propelled my love to read YA, after all. However - the poor pitiful me excuse got old after awhile. Grow some balls & be your own woman! You don't need a 90-something year old vampire to hold your hand constantly.
2. Vee from Hush, Hush - I am all about the kick ass best friends in YA, but when the best friend is doing more damage than good I tend to want to slap her. Like sneaking off to an abandon high school in the middle of the night with 2 creepy strangers?! Yeah not such a good idea, Vee!
3. Bianca from The Duff - You may be saying what?! isn't this one of your favorite YA contemps?? Why yes it is. However part of the reason why I loved it so much is because I wanted to slap some sense in to Bianca. YOU CAN NOT BE PHYSICAL WITH A DUDE & EXPECT IT TO MEAN NOTHING. I don't care who you are, you feel stuff not just between your legs when you sleep with a dude. So don't act surprised when it's your heart that hurts.
4. Samantha from Before I Fall - I never found myself connecting with this girl. Her actions made me want to slap her every new day she woke up. As much as I wanted to love this book, I just couldn't.
5. The "Clueless Crew" in the Jessica Darling series - between the "OMIGOD's" and the constant quote hand gestures I wanted to slap Sara! And don't get me started on Manda & her claim to be virginal when she was the walking STD of Pineville High! Though I did get a good laugh from Jessica's point of view on these girls :-)
6. Chelsea from Playing Hurt - if you've read this book then you know exactly why I want to slap this chick! Break things off with your boy before you dive in to another dude's pants. Thanks!
7. Brianna from The Unwritten Rule - SOMEONE SLAP HER & SLAP HER NOW! This homegirl needs a lesson or two. Here's another example of what it means to be a sucky best friend. Yes, it was obvious why she had these issues, but she still SUCKED. I am not a fan of people making others feel like crap to better themselves. Not one bit.
8. Lissa from Vampire Academy - this girl may be beautiful & powerful with her mind, but I like a girl who can kick butt too. I felt like she used Rose as her bodyguard too often & too easily. Stand up for yourself chick! Or I might need to slap you. (I say this without reading the final 2 books - maybe she changes? lol)
9. Sharon from Audrey, Wait! - ohhh this chick really got under my skin. The ultimate boyfriend stealer. Why does God make people like this?! Seriously. Go find your own dude to swoon over. When you see that one is taken, HE IS TAKEN. Move on to the next. Audrey should have slapped her. I would have.
10. That Mom in every YA book that pretends like she doesn't know her daughter is hurting or upset OR THAT SHE HAS STRANGE CREATURES LURKING IN HER BEDROOM AT NIGHT. Seriously! How do they not know this?! Open your eyes Mom! Be active in your kid's life. Thanks.