Hosted by: The Broke and the Bookish
This week's top 10 list:(YA - b/c that's what I read!) Authors who deserve more recognition!
1. Lauren Barnholdt - author of Two-way Street & One Night That Changes Everything, two of my favorite YA contemps! Her books are easy-going, flip-the-pages, feel-good novels!
2. Simone Elkeles - author of Perfect Chemistry series & Leaving Paradise. This woman knows how to write hot, angsty characters! Love her stuff. SO MUCH.
3. Courtney Summers - author of Cracked Up to Be & Fall For Anything. The rawness & depth in her writing is beyond amazing. This author knows how to tell it like it is.
4. Morgan Matson - author of Amy & Roger's Epic Detour. Though she's only written one YA book so far, it is SO worth mentioning. This book has me so psyched as to what's to come in the future for this author.
5. Kody Keplinger - author of The DUFF. Another author who has only one published YA book so far, but I would SO read something else by her. If you know me, then you know how much I adore The DUFF. It was my favorite YA Contemp of 2010, after all!
6. Jennifer Echols - author of Going Too Far & Forget You. Even though her subjects are teenagers, her writing style creates such a mature atmosphere that I just adore her stories. John After & Doug. Need I say more?
7. Mindi Scott - author of Freefall. Not many female authors can pull off the male POV perfectly; however Mindi here has done a superb job! I really felt myself connected to Seth. I am so anxious for another one of her books!
8. Blake Nelson - author of Recovery Road. I was just recently introduced to this author & was completely blown away by his realism in his work. He doesn't sugar coat things & isn't afraid to speak truth behind his written word. I highly respect that in an author!
9. Siobhan Vivian - author of Not That Kind of Girl. It's refreshing to read a book that doesn't give in to the stereotypical teenage lifestyle. Instead this author forced the MC to have a voice & stand by it. But she also pointed out that not all characters are perfect; they're human just like us - with flaws. And that is totally relate-able!
10. Jenny Han -author of The Summer I Turned Pretty series. You thought I'd make an awesome YA author list & not include this one?! Ha! Yes.. you should be well aware for my love of all things Jenny Han. If not, just check my twitter feed :-)
*not every book written by these authors are mentioned, only books that I have read.