This week I am participating in Top Ten Tuesday hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Each week bloggers post a new top ten list.
This Week's List:Top Ten Books I Wish I'd Read as a Kid
(in no particular order)
Keep in mind, I did very little reading as a kid.. so this list could go on & on! One of my biggest regrets was not enjoying reading sooner than I did. I feel like there's so much I missed out on. But the good thing about books: they never go away! so there's always time to catch up ;-)
- Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. Rowling - I realize this book was published when I was 16 yrs old, but I still wish I would have read it then. I think it would have opened up my love for YA books a lot sooner.
- The Giver by Lois Lowry - I've heard such amazing things about this book that I feel like I need to give it a chance. I wonder what it would have done for my 12 year old soul.
- The Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis - I remember reading the first book in school as a kid, but never going beyond that. I really wish I would have. Oh the possibilities my childhood imagination could have taken me on!
- Anne of Green Gables by L.M. Montgomery - I adored this tv series as a kid, so I just know I would have loved the books as well. Why didn't I pick those up too??!!
- The Princess Bride by William Goldman - I love fairy tales with a twist, so I know I would have enjoyed this one as a kid. Don't princesses dream of their princes coming to save them all the time?!
- Anything written by Sarah Dessen - though her books were not published until I was an adult, I think the teenage me would have appreciated her words on paper. She has a way of telling truth, yet showing the pretty side too. I know my teenage self would have grown to love her books.
- To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee - I still remember my father reading this book & watching the movie when I was a kid & telling me how much he loved it. I wish I would have paid more attention & read it when he told me to. It's such a classic.
- Mrs. Frisby and the Rats of NIMH by Robert C. O'Brien - another movie I watched as a kid over & over again, never realizing there was a book that started it all. Are you seeing a trend here? I think I watched too much tv as a kid lol.
- Babysitters Club by Ann M. Martin - I remember my older sister having these books on her bookshelf in her room, the forbidden territory for the little sister. They always peaked my interest, but I was never allowed to touch them! ha! I knew then I'd love them, and I was right.
- Twilight series by Stephenie Meyer - hello! how could I not have wanted to read these books as a kid?! Ok well more like a teenager. They are after all what got me to open books! I'm jealous of the youngin's who are starting their reading collection with these books. They have so much good stuff ahead of them!