This week I am participating in Top Ten Tuesday hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Each week bloggers post a new top ten list.
This week's List:Top 10 Books That Made You Cry
(in no particular order)
**Beware of possible spoilers! - and yes, I'm an emotional sap when it comes to YA lit!
1. New Moon (Twilight saga) by Stephenie Meyer - The first time I read this book, not knowing what was going to happen next, I found myself in tears for Bella. Yes, I will admit it! I cried when Edward left her alone in the forest!
2. Linger by Maggie Steifvater - Sam & Grace's relationship was always very emotional for me, but at the end of Linger -- when Grace turns in to a wolf & must leave Sam -- agghh!! heart breaking.
3. Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins - If you did not cry at some point during this book, then you have no feelings what so ever. Simple as that. This book was truly amazing.
4. Leaving Paradise by Simone Elkeles - I really felt Caleb's pain & frustration in this book & I so wanted him to overcome everything & be with Maggie!
5. Dreamland by Sarah Dessen - Holy crap! this book really shook me up. Two words: domestic abuse.
6. Amy & Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson - I cried for Amy, many times through out this book. Dealing with the lose of a parent can be quite heavy. Especially when you feel like you're doing it alone.
7. Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson - Again, if you did not cry while reading this book, then you must have no feelings. Teenage rape? and not being able to speak up about it? Heart wrenching!
8. Crescendo by Becca Fitzpatrick - The emotional roller coaster ride between Patch & Nora will make anyone cry! Tears of frustration? Tears of sadness? Definitely both.
9. Going Too Far by Jennifer Echols - I cried for Meg. Many times. The path of destruction she was creating was so obvious. I may have cried even harder when John After tried to save her from it.
10. City of Glass (The Mortal Instruments series) by Cassandra Clare - FINALLY some tears of joy! I cried like a baby when Clary & Jace were finally able to be together & not feel like gross incestuous freaks! lol
What books made you bust out the tissue box & let out some emotion?